MudFest (EDGEFEST) 2009



These pictures sum it all up!

Mother Nature was a bitch for all that planned on attending this event. The day started out around 12:00 for me, in Little Rock. Patrick and I headed out for what was sure to be good times. After a last minute stop at Wal-Mart and a Dollar-Menuairre shopping spree, we headed to the show. We were held up in traffic for an hour and a half when Patrick realized he had left the tickets at the house. We learned as we left that a severe thunderstorm was in the area and they were not letting people in the gates. Anyways, we headed back, got the tickets, and went back to the venue. Thanks to my Mario Andretti-esque driving skills, we were able to jump ahead in traffic by a good 2~3 miles. When we got to Faulkner Lake Road, we were informed that parking was no longer available at the venue. We parked under the I-440 overpass and got to steppin'. We walked about 2 miles to get to the gate and as soon as we got there it was evident why parking had been shut down. The field was soooooo muddy, everyone was getting stuck. Patrick and I immediately found Jeff Cage, who had our passes, and proceeded to the stage. We got there just as Hurt was going on. The guys from Hurt, knowing the show was badly delayed due to weather, cut there set short to get things back on track and later announced they would play for free Sunday Night at The Rev Room for EdgeFest ticket holders! What a CLASSY move! MAD RESPECT! Pat and I had the opportunity to visit with Aaron Lewis from Staind for a while and decided that he is a pretty stand-up kat. Drowning Pool, Chevelle & Staind kicked mucho ass. Then Slipknot! HOLY SHIT! The knocked it out the park on the first song, (sic). The show ended up being, for the most part, great. The weather did not cooperate at all, but that you cannot control. I want to say "Thank You" to my homeboy Patrick for the V.I.P. hook-up. It's not everyday you get to stand on stage with the likes of that many great bands. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again.
Posted on 1:10 AM by Esquire-Nizzle and filed under | 2 Comments »

2 comments:

Angry Patrick said... @ May 11, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Yes, I left the damn tickets at home. And, as Matt aptly pointed out, his NASCAR style driving got us back and in better pole position than before. I was amazed at how many people (come to find out it was over 11,000) came out in the rain, mud, etc and made this show so amazing. The one thing all of the bands kept saying was, "This is cool because it's different from what we see everyday" and I realized that for the fans to show up the way they did and throw down was in-fucking-credible. It was really cool to meet people from Drowning Pool, Hurt, Chevelle, Staind and Slipknot. It's an interesting thing to realize that these guys on stage are like the biggest badasses ever but backstage they are some laid back cats. Aaron Lewis of Staind was about as cool as it gets. Dude was talking to me and Esquire like it was old school week. Very nice. All of them were cool.
I wanna thank my homie, Esquire for hanging with me through all the chaos and mud. You rock, man!

Anonymous said... @ May 11, 2009 at 5:32 PM

The best part of the day, although I was working the whole time, was seeing the drunks come up to buy tickets or ask for a damn refund. Can you people not freaking read...it states clearly, although in fine print, non-refundable! I didn't get to see the performances but it sounded great! I would definitely do it again, regardless!

Post a Comment